Yes! Unless you live in one of the few states that have extreme restrictions on the sale of CBD products, anyone, including dentists, can sell CBD. But knowing that you can sell CBD as a dentist is just the first step in offering CBD products through your dental practice.
In this article we’ll answer the following questions to help you learn more about the world of CBD retail opportunities for dentists:
- Why a Dentist Would Sell CBD?
- Is it Legal for a Dentist to Sell CBD?
- What are the Best CBD Products for Dental Patients
Why Would a Dentist Sell CBD?
It should come as no surprise that many dentists consider CBD an area of interest. People often have a fear of going to the dentist, and many believe that CBD can help patients relax more easily during dental procedures. Some studies have shown that CBD has great potential for helping relieve stress. Those same stress-reducing properties could make CBD useful for nervous patients by helping them relax before they sit in your chair.
But helping assuage the fears of a stressed-out patient isn’t the only potential benefit for a dentist to consider. Studies surrounding CBD’s effects on pain management indicate great potential for relieving difficult to manage pain. A dentist could recommend CBD products in conjunction with standard pain relief medication to help manage tooth pain after a minor dental surgery, for example. It can even be recommended to a patient suffering from a toothache prior to their appointment.
Is it Legal for a Dentist to Sell CBD?
Yes, it is legal for a dentist to sell CBD. Most states allow any retailer to sell CBD products as long as they fit the federal requirement of having less than 0.3% THC. Some states may require you to become a licensed retail operation prior to selling CBD, but these licenses should not be difficult to obtain.
When selling CBD at your dental office, be extra careful not to make any outsize claims as to its potential benefits. The FDA demands that you don’t make claims that CBD can treat or cure any disease or medical condition. We suggest that you recommend CBD products in conjunction with traditional treatments.
What are the Best CBD Products for Dental Patients?
Not all CBD products provide the same benefits or have the same uses. As a dentist, most of your patients need something with the potential to reduce the intensity of pain or to help relieve stress. You’ll also want to be cautious of any products that could cause dental issues.
Here are three types of products that are perfect for dental patients:
- CBD Tinctures – CBD tinctures are a type of liquid CBD that can be consumed directly or added into another product. These products tend to be fast acting when compared to other ingestible CBD products. They also often have a higher potency than edibles.
- CBD Concentrates – Concentrates come in a syringe-like package and are applied beneath the tongue. They have a wide range of phytonutrients that provide benefits beyond the CBD alone.
- CBD Edibles – CBD edibles are food items that have CBD added to them. These products work well for first time CBD users who may have some reservations about tinctures and concentrates. Given the function of dentistry, you may wish to avoid the more sugary types of edibles that are available.
Add CBD Products to Your Dental Practice
As a dentist, you provide a lot of benefit to your patients. Improve their lives even more by adding CBD products to your dental practice’s retail area. These products can help your patients relax while in your chair and may even be a helpful pain management tool for patients who have recently had a dental procedure.
If you’d like to add CBD products to your retail offerings, we’re ready to help you get the products you want! Fill out a vendor form today to see how US Hemp Wholesale can provide you with the highest quality CBD products on the market.